Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Product Name:||Horizontal Flammability Tester||Usage:||UL 94 HBF|
|Standard:||ISO 9772, ASTM D4986, GB/T 8332, UL 94 HBF, HF-1, HF-2||Flame Application Time:||60 Seconds|
|Flame Application:||38mm Bunsen Burner Flame||Power:||230V, 50HZ|
|Size:||0.5m³||The Height Of Of Flame:||38 ± 2mm|
ISO 9772 Foam Plastic Horizontal Burning Test Machine UL94 HBF Flammability Tester
This machine is in accordance with the national standard ISO 9772 : Determining the combustion properties of the foam plastic by horizontal combustion test method. For the determination of density of less than 250kg / m³ foam small sample combustion performance levels in a small flame. The PLC and touch screen can realize the intelligent measuring and provide the convenience and simple procedure for the experimenter.
It Applies to assessment of the combustion performance about the burning rate, fire out time, firing range and quality loss.
ISO 9772 Cellular plastics — Determination of horizontal burning characteristics of small specimens subjected to a small flame
ASTM D4986 Standard Test Method for Horizontal Burning Characteristics of Cellular Polymeric Materials
GB/T 8332 Test Method for Flammability of Cellular Plastic-Horizontal Burning Method
UL 94 HBF, HF-1, HF-2 Horizontal Burning Foamed Material Test
Foam products, polymer materials, etc.
1. The tester consists the test section and control components for easy field installation and commissioning.
2. The large observation window is easy to observe the sample combustion state;
3. Advanced industrial appearance and control designing, easy to touch the specimen and burner;
4. Controlling the movement of the burner after closing the door.
5. Bunsen burner is in according with ISO 10093: 1998.
Shaft length: 100 ± 10mm,
Inner diameter: 9.5 ± 0.3mm.
The height of of flame: 38 ± 2mm
6. The programmable controller PLC + touch screen for control / testing / computing / data display.
(1) High-voltage automatic ignition
(2) The digital pressure gauge and the touch screen displays the gas pressure and flow.
(3) Burning time is automatically stored and reflected in the test report.
(4) The test time and flame time can be set from the touch screen.
(5) The liquid crystal screen accurately displays the temperature
7. Equipped with smoke hole and exhaust fan.
8. Import pressure gauge and pressure regulator.
9. Imported gas mass flow meter and need leave can accurately control the gas flow.
10. The automatic time record can reserve the test time;
11. The volume of tank is more than 0.5m³;
Ambient temperature: 10 ~ 35 ºC;
Relative humidity: ≤75%;
Power supply: AC 220V ± 10V 50Hz;
Air purity: ≥95% natural gas, propane;
This test is intended to be performed on foamed plastic materials.
Four sets of 5 specimens with nominal dimensions 150mm x 50mm and in minimum and maximum thickness.
Two sets of 5 specimens per sample were conditioned as follows:
i. First set at 230C and relative humidity 50% for minimum of 48 hours.
ii. Second set in an air circulating oven for 168 hours at 700C and then cooled in a desiccator for minimum of 4 hours.
Attach a wing tip to the Bunsen burner, and adjust the gas flow till a clean blue flame 38mm high is obtained.
38mm Bunsen burner flame
Flame application time:
Measurements for HF-1 and HF-2
A – The flaming ceases (afterflame).
B – The flaming and glowing ceases (afterglow).
C – The flaming or glowing front reaches the 125mm mark or when the specimens ceases burn or glow before 125mm mark.
D- The distance specimen burnt up to 60mm mark or if the 60mm mark passed.
E- The dripping particles ignited the cotton placed below.
Measurements for HBF
A – The duration of burning between the 25mm mark until flaming or glowing stops or passes 125mm mark.
B – The distance the specimen burned in mm between 25mm mark and where the flaming / glowing stops or up to 125mm mark.
C- burning rate expressed in mm/min.
Based on the measured values the specimen is classified HBF if it meets the all of the following conditions:
i. Burning rate C expressed in mm/min is less than 40mm/min over a 100mm span.
ii. Each specimen should cease to burn before flaming or glowing reaches 125mm mark.