Small part cylinder conforms to the standards of ASTM F963 and EN-71as well as ST2002. It is used to check whether there is possibility that the children's products like the toys can be swallowed by the children under 36 months.
||EN71-1 Figure 18, ASTM 963
Place the toy or component without compressing it and in any orientation in a small part cylinder having dimension as indicated in figure 18.
Determine whether the toy or component fits entirely within the cylinder.
If the toy or component can fits entirely within the cylinder, the object is proved to be small part.
The small parts cylinder simulates the throat of a child under 3 years of age, and is used to disassemble or remove the toy for children under 3 years of age.
Is it possible to fully fit into a small item tester?
Use method and understanding:
1. In the absence of external pressure, the disassembled or dropped parts of the toy played by children under 3 years of age are put into the small parts cylinder
If this part is treated as a small part.
2. In view of the fact that foam plastics are easily broken and small parts are produced, it is recommended that toys suitable for children under 3 years of age should not be packaged in foam plastic.
3. In particular, ornaments on toys can enhance the attractiveness of toys, but they may be small parts.
4. The understanding of toy pieces: The edges of toy plastics that come off the edges, and any parts that fall off during the test are toy pieces.
5. Understanding of Wooden Toy Wooden Festival: Due to the natural wooden knots of wooden toys, the general wooden section is easier to fall off than other non-wood sections.
, must be assessed. Since wooden knots are naturally occurring, not every toy has wooden knots, so wooden toys should be tested
Consider the rationality of sampling and inspection.
6. Small parts tests include parts that fall out during normal use and predictable reasonable abuse testing.
7. Before testing a small parts, it is necessary to first understand the definition of a detachable component, perform a detachable test of the component, and remove all the detachable components.
The part is disassembled, and then the small part test is performed on the disassembled part.
1. Toys for children under the age of three must not be designed with detachable small parts. Of course there can be non-detachable widgets, the key is to use
What is the way to connect the widget to the body of the toy so that it does not fall off during normal use testing and reasonable abuse testing.
2. Toys for children aged three to eight years are recommended to list warnings regardless of whether they are small parts or not.